Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chicken Pox

My 30 year old husband has chicken pox!  He broke out with them Sunday morning and he is COVERED!!!  Not to mention in tremendous amount of pain.  Here he is at 3:30 in the morning smiling for the camera after taking an oatmeal bath.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  His neck, hairline, face (throat), and back really have it.  Poor guy.  We are on day 3 right now and hopefully we are on the upswing because the pox are starting to crust over (sorry if that grosses you out).  He has not slept for nights and feels like he has every sickness combined into one right now.  Where he got it from?  We have no clue.  Did he have it as a kid?  Come to find out, he didn't.  I took Jane Monday morning to get her vaccination (hopefully it will prevent it) and found out she has strep!  TWO sick people at my house.  I'm just a merry maid and servant girl around here. Anything for my two babies.  I tell ya, when it rains it POURS!  Besides a little cabin fever and wanting to be back to our old selves, we are doing just fine.  Thank goodness for good TV like "24" and American Idol to keep us happy.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

aw i am soo sorry, if you need anything dont hesitate to call...

Brian, Emily, Ashley, and Brody said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the yuckies going on in your house! Poor Phil, I've heard having chicken pox when you're older is not fun. Hopefully Jane doesn't get them next, you've had them right? You're a good mom and wife and you'll nurse those two back to good health in no time!

Andy and Kimi said...

Oh poor Phillip.. I feel so bad for him!! Poor Jane too- at least Phillip understands why he feels like crap. Good luck!!
P.S. The picture of you and Phillip on New Years Eve is really cute!

breyn said...

Oh, so sad!!!! I hope they both get feeling better soon!! There is nothing worse than sick kids oh wait, sick husbands. It was so fun seeing you over Christmas. I needed that! I truly feel so blessed to have you as my friend and hope you know how much I love and adore you!!! Lot and lots of love!!!!
Breyn

Feel better cute Jane and Phillip!!!

Kendall said...

Did Jane ever get them? I've heard it's not half as bad for babies as it is for adults. Plus, if Jane gets them naturally she'll be immune for life. Where the vaccine is known to wear off around 4-6 yrs so she will need another dose. Hope Phil is feeling better.

[RochelleG] said...

ok, that is craziness!