Monday, May 18, 2009

I did it.

I did it. I quit my job. This morning I met with my principal and said "I have decided not to work next year. " She said "Not work AT ALL!!!" Then I said, " I want to be a full time mother. This decission feels good in my soul." No argument after that. She respected my decission.

This is something I have been debating for years now. Just this last Tuesday it hit me like a ton of bricks that this is what I NEED to do and this is something I CAN do. I've really lacked the faith until now. And now I am at total peace with this decission. I think I have waited so long to do this because being a full time mom is more difficult than what I do now. But now I know I can do it. Right now I feel a little like my identity is lost. I've been a teacher for 7+ years. Now I'm a new identity- full time "Mother". I know I'll be blessed. I feel blessed already. I look at Jane and I know I can do this. She's so darling and getting more fun every day. I don't want any regrets.

There are a few people that helped me with this decission. First ,I want to thank my husband for being my #1 supporter emotionally and now physically. Breyn, for "that" email. Kimi, for loving and embracing motherhood and giving me the fabulous book "I Am A Mother". Thanks to my two sisters Lindsey and Annie and my Aunt Sallie and Susan, who have been a good example to me at staying home with their children even though they could make some serious dough with their brilliant brains. Thanks to all my friends, those who work and don't work...we all have our own story and do what we gotta do. My mom, for being there at the crossroads. Lastly, thanks to my Heavenly Father, for knowing me as an idividual and giving me strength. Peace out.

15 comments:

Timm Family said...

Congratulations, it sounds like you've made the right decision for you and your family. Jane will love having her mommy around more and you will have many memories of the time you get to spend together.

Andrea said...

Tiff,

You are an amazing mother, teacher, extended day kindergarten director, friend, and MOTHER. I am so happy for you and think your faith and courage is amazing. I will miss you, as will everyone at Antelope, but am so happy that you're happy!

michelleandsadiejo said...

Congrats Tiff! I am soooo very happy for you and your family! I know you won't regret it for a moment.

Harmony said...

Good for you!

Allison said...

I can't believe you quit! Congratulations! It might take you a while to figure the whole identity thing out, but looking back now, for me, all I can say is "WOW" the time has flown by and I have no regrets. Good Luck!

Marci said...

Tiffany! WOW! That is such a hard decision to make, but it sure is worth it. I feel so strongly that our little ones need us, especially in this time we are living. You are very brave. Good job! I am proud of you! You are such a sweet mother. Jane is lucky to have you home.

Lindsey said...

You will have no regrets. I say this but you know it already! You go, girl :)

The Parks Fam said...

Such a hard decision but definitely the RIGHT decision. You are such a great mommy! Love ya Tiff!!

lisa louise said...

i have toooo much to say, i'll just call you. :) why waist time even commenting then, you ask... so you look popular with all the comments. haha

Kaylynn said...

Good for you! (I bet Jody is having some major heartburn right now!) You will definitely be missed - the Extended Day Kindergarten has never been better than it was this year. I know you made the right decision. Jane is a lucky little girl.
I added you to my blog list - I hope that's ok.
Kaylynn
2005wright.blogspot.com

Brad said...

Tiff--

There will be days that you'll miss teaching, I'm not gonna lie. I occasionally still think "is it too late to be put on the sub roster?!" But you'll also feel such relief in the fall to just be with Jane too. GO YOU! Congrats on such a tough decision...excited to hear about this new chapter in your life.

Love,
Deidre

jakenapril said...

wow. you are brave, amazing, talented, and so wonderful. maybe i'll see you out and about more, huh? hooray for you and for learning to feel at peace and enjoy being a SAHM...'cuz Jane's got a good one, that's for sure. a real keeper!

Raina said...

Wow! What a HUGE decision, and much harder to make it now! I totally admire you for making the choice and changing careers right at what feels like a peak. Wow... I'm not sure I could do what you did! Way to go!!!

Christy said...

Yay! Well, if you need a little "out" job that pays pennies just so you feel a bit human, you could always come back to Heartland!!! Jane's so lucky to get you full-time!

McMillan Family said...

I am going to miss talking to you at school, but I know that you made the right decision. I love being a stay at home mom. We will miss you. send me your email and I will add you to my blog since it is private. kamiemcmillan@gmail.com