Thursday, December 22, 2011

Marilee Ann Waite Packer














Nana Mar's funeral was yesterday. It was a good day. The funeral was perfect. I think it made her happy. My mother in law loved music and there was plenty of that. The speakers were great. I'm so proud of my husband and his words. Right before he spoke, he said "I'm about to speak at my mother's funeral" with a shaky, surreal, voice. I whispered, "speak from your heart". And he did. When he was done, Jane went up at sang "I am a Child of God" in the microphone a capella. Nana would have loved that. A lot of people cried. The whole funeral was touching. I especially loved what the bishop had to say about her. He worked with her for the past five years. He knew her strengths and limitations and put them beautifully. He didn't have the baggage that most of her close acquaintances had, and just served her and showed much love and patience. I feel at peace, because I know she is at peace. My husband is not quite there. I hope I can help him as he heals from this unexpected death. More importantly, I know the Lord loves him and is giving constant comfort to him. It was so good for him to see all the love and support from people at the funeral. That helped so much. If you couldn't be there, thank you for your words of support however they came. After the delicious ham lunch, he felt a little relief. When we got home, we put the girls down and took a much needed 2 hour nap. That felt good. And so the healing begins.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I hate that I wasn't able to be there. Thank you for sharing so many pictures!

Rtaylor1960 said...

I just learned of Marilee's passing this morning and wanted to pass on my sincerest condolences to Phillip and his family. Marilee was truly a special lady and was truly a comfort to her cousin Steven during his battle with Leukemia. I remember the nights when Marilee would call him and they spent hours reminiscing over their days of past growing up as children. She also spoke of Phillip and his family proudly, she truly adored and loved her family. May she rest in peace now. She was a wonderful comfort to me when Steven passed - we now have a new Angel amongst us for sure.